Stolen and Returned

Aug 4, 2009
Thud!

Scream!

Distracted by the noise created by Ate Mimi outside the room, we really did not deem it as something alarming until Ate Joy insisted that something was going wrong outside.

Another scream.

Ate Joy then opened the door of the office as she rushed to Ate Mimi. Annie and I were both stunned when we saw that my laptop was no longer at the table. Kuya Fritz dashed out of the store to ran after the thief. Nakata folIowed.

I approached the table where my laptop was set. My heart was pounding hard and fast. Slowly by slowly, I could no longer distinguish what I was feeling. It seemed that my emotions left me out of nowhere. I was smiling but my head was confused. I was already aware that my laptop was stolen but I was still asking myself, "What happened?"

Oblivious of the people around me, my thoughts were all at the laptop. Hoping, praying that it will be recovered. I tried to cling to my intuitions but reality would keep on interrupting reminding me to prepare myself for the big possibility that it will never be returned to me. And my heart keeps on pounding hard and fast. My breathing then must have become abnormal but I really could not say. The thief might have stolen my emotions as well.

I must have been dazed for 20 minutes or so and I can say that that was the longest 20 minutes I ever had.

My senses only came back to me when I remembered that I have a deadline to meet on Wednesday. I have no other copies of my course outlines and Miss Jonalyn already informed us that the course outlines will be due on the 5th of August. Aside from that, I realized that I don't have a backup of my files. I felt doomed and I felt like crying. "So what am I going to do now?" Another question I could not answer.

Moments later I saw Nakata coming in the store. "Kapoy..." he uttered in his own way. After that Kuya Fritz followed on and then Jay-ar. My world stopped for a second. My breath almost ran out. Annie smiled at me then rubbed my back. I was relieved. Kuya Fritz placed the laptop on the table. I did not touch it at first. I only stared. He then showed me the scratches it incurred. The top cover as well as the front rear had blotches. According to Jay-ar, the thief threw the laptop on the street that is why they were able to retrieve my computer. However, they were not able to catch the thief. He was breathing heavily while relating the chase. Jay-ar added that the laptop jolted twice before it fell on the ground. Kuya Fritz then check if the laptop can still run. I sighed with relief as I heard it's welcome sound. Then I began checking the LCD screen. Thank God it did not sustain any damage. However, the lock was broken. Annie said it is better than the whole computer. I said "Yeah. Right."

Kuya Fritz and the rest of the group were then talking about what happened while I just sat and leaned on the wall. Annie kept asking if I was okay and I just told her that I am. I had the laptop back, that is the most important.

0 comments: