People Power. Not again.

Jun 2, 2009
I just seen from the TV that few of my kababayans will be bringing their objections against cha-cha on the streets. In fact, according to the news update, some of them are already busy preparing for their rally which would start Monday next week.

Wow! Isn't that great? The Philippines is going to have another version of people power! If this will happen then it would be our 3rd people power. Oh no! I think it's the 4th... hmmmm... maybe 5th. It could also be the 6th, 7th, 8th. Nth? Sorry, i lost my count. Let me check the history. Nah. Never mind. It doesn't matter anyway. People power are all the same. Except for the first of course. The original.

I wonder why some of my kababayans are not yet tired of the history repeating over and over. Come on. We've been tolerating people powers for many times but nothing has changed. The Mother country is still suffering from the social cancer and no one even bothered to check if she is still okay. Our impulsiveness would only bring us to nowhere.

The railroading of con-ass at the congress did seem to be equivocal and i cannot blame those people who were infuriated by it but to bring it to the streets is frivolous.

0 comments: